Karen Radley Acura 2015 RDX - Our First RDX Video
MSRP from $34,895* to $39,995*
4 Vehicle Trim Levels Available
3.5-liter V-6 Engine
The powerful 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 engine produces an impressive 273 horsepower and 251 lbs.-ft. of torque, while the refined Variable Cylinder Management (VCM II) system and low-friction technology produce class-leading efficiency.
- The efficient front-drive model has an EPA fuel economy rating of 20 / 28 / 2338 city/highway/combined, while the AWD model does nearly as well with a 19 / 27 / 22 rating.
- VCM II enables cylinders to be shut off at cruising speeds in order to increase highway fuel efficiency. Fuel efficiency is enhanced by lower-friction piston rings, the ability to run on lower viscosity oil and transmission fluid, and other friction-reducing features.
- All-aluminum construction, a hollow camshaft, and other weight-saving measures keep the engine lighter for better handling.
- The Drive-by-Wire™ throttle system provides a precise balance of smooth and responsive operation by adjusting throttle sensitivity to varying driving conditions.
Variable Cylinder Management
Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) automatically changes the V-6 engine to run on six, four or three cylinders, depending on driving conditions, resulting in significantly improved highway fuel efficiency.
- During startup, hard acceleration, hill climbing or when high output is required, the engine operates all six cylinders.
- At high-speed cruising or during moderate acceleration, two cylinders at opposite corners of the engine will switch off, enabling the engine to operate on four cylinders.
- At low-speed cruising on city streets, the engine will shut down one cylinder bank (which has three cylinders on one side of the "V") and operate on the remaining three cylinders.
- The system monitors throttle position, vehicle speed, engine speed, gear selection and other factors to determine the correct cylinder activation for the operating conditions. The system also monitors catalytic-converter temperature to make sure it remains in the proper range to keep emissions low.
Sequential SportShift Automatic Paddle Shifters
The 6-speed automatic transmission Sequential SportShift paddle shifters gives you the best of both worlds by providing the convenience of precise and intuitive automatic shifting as well as shift-for-yourself control.
- Set the transmission to "Drive" for smooth gear changes with an emphasis on fuel efficiency. Select "Sport" for quicker acceleration, as the transmission allows the engine to rev higher before upshifting.
- The steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters deliver quick, precise shifts at your fingertips.
- Tapping a paddle shifter while in "Drive" brings a quick gear change with automatic operation returning when reaching a steady speed. This allows you to make quick gear changes without changing in and out of manual mode.
- Using a paddle shifter in "Sport" puts the transmission into full manual mode, where you'll have complete control during high-performance or hilly driving.
- For better climbing or increased downhill engine braking, Grade Logic Control instructs the transmission to hold a lower gear when encountering a steep uphill or downhill grade.
- Shift Hold Control keeps the transmission in its current (lower) gear ratio when the throttle is quickly released and the brakes are applied, such as entry into a tight curve. This leaves the chassis undisturbed by excessive shifting.
All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Control
The RDX all-wheel drive system is designed to help maximize the use of available traction in both dry and slippery conditions, while minimizing system-wide friction and power loss to help optimize fuel efficiency.
- In normal cruising, the system operates as an efficient FWD vehicle with 100% of engine torque being directed to the front wheels.
- During moderate acceleration or when front wheel slip is detected in dry conditions, 25% of engine torque is transferred to the rear wheels.
- On a wet or slippery surface, wheel slippage will cause a reduction in engine output to the front wheels possibly to a point where torque is distributed 50/50 between the front and rear wheels.
- Systemic efficiencies allow the AWD system to have a combined EPA fuel economy rating of only one mile per gallon below the front-wheel drive model.
The RDX front strut and rear multi-link suspension systems are tuned to provide a combination of secure handling and exceptional ride. The RDX is also the first Acura model equipped with uniquely designed shock absorbers known as Amplitude Reactive Dampers.
- The front Macpherson strut design is configured to offer long vertical wheel travel and excellent durability that will stand up to under-maintained city streets.
- For an outstanding balance of comfort and precision handling, the rear suspension features a multi-link design similar to the one used on Acura sport sedans.
- To maintain composure in hard cornering, the rear suspension features anti-squat geometry to reduce pitching under acceleration and also isolates springs and dampers from lateral forces.
- Amplitude Reactive Dampers feature two piston valves per damper (a.k.a. shock absorber) rather than one. The main valve reacts to help absorb minor road vibration, while the second one is stiffer, reigning in a larger suspension motion for improved stability.
- Stability is also enhanced by having a lower center of gravity than most SUVs, as well as a wide track and long, 105.7" wheelbase.
The new electronic power steering provides a smooth, linear transition between the generous power assist at low speeds and a firmer feel at higher speeds.
- For maximum efficiency, the electronic power assist does not drain engine power.
- Extreme steering column rigidity reduces low- and high-speed vibration.
Since performance driving requires precision braking, the RDX features a firm pedal feel with linear response and is backed by 4-channel anti-lock brakes, Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist systems.
- The RDX fills its 18-inch wheels with large 12.3-inch ventilated discs in the front and 12.0-inch solid discs in the rear, which resist brake fade even after continuous hard use.
- Electronic Brake Distribution uses the anti-lock brake sensors to determine the proportion of brake force to be channeled to each wheel for increased performance and stability.
Rigid Body Structure
The less flex there is in the body, the more precisely the suspension can be tuned for an optimal combination of handling and ride. Now, Acura has taken the impressive first-generation RDX body structure a step further.
- Additional reinforcements around the rear-suspension mounting points reduce vertical flex.
- Lateral flex has been reduced through strengthened joints around the front suspension sub-frame mounting.
- Close to 40% of the vehicle's weight is made up of high-tensile steel, which is lighter and stiffer than conventional structural steel.
Smooth & Quiet Ride
While developing the second-generation RDX, one of our primary goals was to make the vehicle more enjoyable for both driver and passengers by reducing noise, vibration, and harshness.
- A floating front sub-frame structure with heavily reinforced mounting points reduces road noise.
- Thinsulate™, an effective noise absorber, has been added to new areas such as the inner fenders, door lighting housings, and spare tire pan to further reduce road noise.
- Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires were also selected for their quiet performance.
Lighting & Visibility
Multi-View Rear Camera
All RDX models are equipped with a rearview camera that automatically produces three available views of the area behind the vehicle when "reverse" is engaged. The standard system has a 5-inch, full-color display above the center controls. Navigation system-equipped models use the 8" navigation screen.
- The regular view is ideal to help survey areas directly behind the RDX while backing up or parking.
- The wide angle view shows a 170° perspective behind the RDX, which is perfect to help spot approaching vehicles when backing out of parking spots.
- The top-down view is useful for parallel parking or lining up a trailer hitch.
- Yellow guidelines help guide your trajectory and judge distances. The closest guideline indicates the clearance for opening the power tailgate.
RDX models with the Technology Package are equipped with Xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights for the low beams.
- Xenon lights cast a whiter and brighter light for improved clarity.
- The HID lenses allow a broad beam pattern that increases road visibility, yet the upper edge of the beam cuts off sharply so as not to blind oncoming drivers.
- On all models, the headlights automatically turn on when the windshield wipers are activated. Unless otherwise activated, the lights will automatically turn off when the wipers are turned off.
Keyless Access System
The Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton ignition allows you to walk up to the RDX, unlock the doors, have the car set your preferences and start the engine without ever having to take the key out of your pocket.
- The vehicle will sense the key remote but will not unlock the door until you touch the handle.
- You can turn the engine and auxiliary controls on and off at the touch of a button.
- If the key fob battery runs out, you can start the engine by pushing the start button and moving the key in front of the pressed start button while depressing the brake pedal.
Press a button on the key fob, and the tailgate will automatically open for you. And when you're finished loading or unloading, press the button again, and it will power down and latch.
- The tailgate will also activate from a button on the dashboard, as well as by the tailgate handle.
- In the event of a power failure, the tailgate can be raised and lowered manually.
- When opening or closing, the tailgate is designed to automatically reverse itself if it senses an obstruction.
The sophistication of the RDX interior begins with the plush feel of the seats, which are ergonomically designed to provide the support of a luxury sport sedan.
- Leather trim and breathable perforated leather on both front and rear seating surfaces create an impressive aura of modern luxury.
- Both front seats have dual-level heaters for cold days and are generously bolstered to keep you and your passenger secure during spirited driving.
- The perfect driving position is just a touch away with the 10-way power adjustable driver's seat.
- The driver's seat features two memory settings, which also recall side mirror positions.
- In addition to the usual height and angle settings, there's a power lumbar adjustment in the driver's seat to keep your back content during long journeys.
- The front passenger can also ride in personalized comfort with a 4-way adjustable power seat.
With room for three in the rear, the RDX is a premium five-passenger vehicle with soft, perforated leather for all.
- 60/40 split rear seatbacks allow for a variety of passenger/cargo combinations.
- Passengers enjoy plenty of leg and toe room with a flat floor (no hump) and generous space under the front seats.
- The center armrest folds down to reveal two built-in cup holders.
The cargo area of the second-generation RDX is more accessible than ever before.
- The width of the tailgate opening is over four feet (48.8") across.
- There is 26.146 cubic feet of storage behind the rear seats, which is enough for two 29" and two 21" roller bags, plus two 16" carry-on bags.
- With the rear seatbacks up, cargo can be concealed under a retracting cargo cover.
- From the tailgate area, you can lower either or both of the 60/40-split rear seatbacks to enlarge the cargo space. Pull one of the levers positioned on each side near the tailgate, and the rear seatback on that side is spring-loaded to fall forward and form a flat cargo floor.
- With both rear seatbacks down, the RDX offers 76.947 cubic feet of cargo space.
In addition to a generous cargo area, the RDX has many easily accessible storage areas throughout the cabin.
- The main covered storage area in the center console can carry up to 23 CD cases, while a tray above it is perfect for a cell phone or small personal items. The space also includes an accessory power outlet.
- The console has a second covered storage space in front of the shifter that's perfect for hand-held electronic devices and includes a USB connection, audio input jack and another accessory power outlet.
- The bin-shaped glove box includes a removable tray, sized to hold the owner's manual.
- The rear of the center console features a small shelf for rear passengers, and there's also storage in each door panel below the armrest.
Automatic Climate Control
The RDX dual-zone, automatic climate control system allows the driver and front passenger to create their own microclimates.
- Set your desired temperature and airflow distribution however you like. Your front passenger can set an entirely different temperature, and the system will maintain both.
- When alone, the driver can easily switch off the dual setting and set the whole cabin to a single temperature.
GPS-linked Climate Control
The automatic climate control system benefits from a GPS-linked solar sensor10 on models equipped with the Technology Package.
- The GPS link monitors the sun's intensity and location relative to the vehicle, enabling the system to keep each side of the cabin at its designated temperature.
- The system is completely automatic and requires no manual adjustments, regardless of outside conditions.
- Almost all climate control functions are operable by voice commands.
The RDX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The center control panel includes a full array of controls that can be efficiently engaged by the simple push of a button. Everything is within easy reach, while the floor console design provides a spacious feel.
- Controls are positioned into separate zones for audio, climate and (where applicable) navigation systems, and buttons have varying shapes, so they are easy to identify by feel.
- Display screens are mounted high to help minimize eye diversion from the road.
- Steering-wheel controls allow convenient operation of the audio system, cruise control, phone and the Multi-Information Display.
- Models with the Technology Package are equipped with a Voice Recognition system that enables most of the center panel controls to be engaged through voice commands.
The voice recognition feature that accompanies the optional Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a simple click of the "Talk" steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands with 100,000 variations to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: "CD 3, song 4", will turn on the audio system, select the third CD, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the system will recognize over a million city and street names.
The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with many Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the RDX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- The central color display shows the caller's name, number and reception strength (depending on cell phone).
- A one-time pairing process on a compatible phone enables you to communicate wirelessly.
- A simple phone-transfer process allows you to upload frequently used numbers so that they can be dialed by voice command.
- The phone can then be operated through the vehicle audio system without ever leaving your pocket or purse.
For more details, please visit the Acura HandsFreeLink minisite.
SMS / Email
Acura has redirected the temptation to engage in hand-held texting with an integrated SMS text message function44 that enables you to respond to incoming text messages in a manner that helps mitigate any potential driver distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- Rather than avert your eyes from the road by reading the text on a display, the system will ask if you want it to "read" the message to you.
- After the message is read aloud, you can use the center display to select one of six pre-prepared responses. These messages include:
- Talk to you later, I'm driving
- I'm on my way
- I'm running late
- In addition, the system gives you the option to call the person who sent the text.
- State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.
5-inch Color Display
Models without the navigation system are equipped with a 5-inch, full-color, center display screen that offers a variety of information.
- Depending on the audio source, the display gives detailed audio information on the currently played song, which usually includes artist, song, and album info-and even displays the album art, if available.
- The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system uses the display to show contact listings or incoming caller information.
- The easy-to-read display makes phone-related systems such as Pandora® Interface or SMS text message function simple to use.
- When reverse is engaged, the screen displays the rear camera image.
Standard Audio System
The easy-to-operate standard RDX audio system offers clear, dynamic sound with seven speakers around the cabin, including an 8-inch subwoofer. A large display at the top of the instrument panel provides detailed audio information.
- A speed-sensitive volume control increases the audio gain automatically as road speed increases.
- When driving into a new area, the automatic preset select button allows you to preset the most powerful stations. Push it again and your original presets return.
The system can accommodate a wide variety of audio sources, which include:
- USB Audio Interface7 for iPod®8
- MP3- and WMA6-compatible CD player
- AM/FM with RDS readout
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 which has more than 170 channels of digital programming and near-CD quality sound
- Auxiliary input jack
- The ability to interface with a Pandora® application45 loaded onto a paired iPhone
Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. As a result, surround sound fills the car from any stereo digital source. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard RDX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
- Approximately 3,600-song, 15GB hard disk drive memory (HDD) media storage with shuffle, playlist creation, and an updatable Gracenote® database
- DVD-A, MP3- and WMA6-compatible disc player
- The ability to interface with the Pandora® application45 loaded onto a paired, compatible iPhone.
- 10 speakers, including one per door, two tweeters, one center mid-range, two rear surround, one powered 8-inch subwoofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
- Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II extracts surround sound from any digital stereo source
- Almost all functions can be performed through the voice recognition system
- The Note function allows you to store song information and a 10-second sample as it is aired on an SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 station so you can recall it later
USB & iPod Integration
In the RDX, you can take your digital music library along for the ride on your iPod, USB flash drive or compatible phone. You can even have your own personal DJ with Pandora®45 loaded on an iPhone.
- You can operate Pandora with the stereo controls when directly connected using the USB jack; Bluetooth® Audio streaming does not allow application integration.
- A USB connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- Track information appears on the center display. Selection can be controlled using the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge a compatible iPod® while it's playing.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any iPod, MP3 player or other audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Song By Voice
The Song By Voice® feature uses the Voice Recognition system to help the RDX driver find music from the hard disk drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8 simply by voicing a preference.
- The system is initialized with either of the commands, "iPod search" or "HDD search," after which you can find your preference by first stating your chosen category, such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your desired music selection. For example, if "Equilibrium" is the title song of an album, the command, "Play song, ‘Equilibrium'" will play the song, while saying, "Play album, ‘Equilibrium'" will play the whole album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
Navigation Functionality & Controls
The centerpiece of the Technology Package, the Acura Navigation System10, in conjunction with the AcuraLink®, is perhaps the best driving companion since the invention of the car radio.
- The system features an 8-inch screen, mounted high in the center control panel for easy visibility.
- You can enter an address or access a location from its vast hard drive destination database, using the interface dial or the Voice Recognition system.
- The screen will plot your path on the map and show special displays to guide you through freeway ramps, interchanges and forks in the road.
- The system will also provide voiced guidance, if desired.
- Additional features include Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ and AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™13 that can help you get around delays while traveling to your desired destination.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, the AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather™ data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™13 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines it is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
- The information is aggregated by NAVTEQ™ from multiple sources, including highway patrol incident reports and transportation departments, and is updated approximately every 90 seconds.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other SiriusXM4 subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Weather
You can determine the weather conditions in your immediate area or anywhere you plan to be with the Acura Navigation System's10 AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ system13. It will even alert you if a potential weather-related issue exists along your plotted route.
- Current weather is shown on the RDX map display in the form of icons, which can be clicked on to receive details.
- Weather forecasts for the next three and six hours in a given area are available anytime.
- A warning map showing adverse weather conditions across the U.S. is also accessible.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other SiriusXM4 subscriptions.
To keep you up to date with the latest information related to your RDX, this easy-to-use proprietary data network uses the SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 communications interface. Some of the features available through AcuraLink®10 include:
- A pre-programmed RDX feature guide
- Dealer appointment reminders
- Direct communication with your dealer
- If you have linked your cell phone to the Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® interface, the system can also contact Acura headquarters and your dealer for the latest diagnostic information.
The Acura Navigation System10 has an extensive database of addresses and points of interest for a variety of handy information.
- The system will not only show you the nearby ATMs, if, for example, you don't want to pay a service charge, just tell it to show your bank's machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you're in the mood for, as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, CDs with data uploads can be purchased through this website and downloaded to the hard drive.
The Acura Navigation System10 will not only tell you where restaurants are and how to get to them, it can also tell you their price range and provide customer reviews.
- The system's Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews provide detailed information from a database that you can read onscreen, or if you're driving, they can be spoken over the audio system.
- If you need reservations, the system can even dial the restaurant for you through your compatible Bluetooth®11-enabled cell phone.
Seat Belts and Airbags
The RDX is equipped with a sophisticated six-airbag system, which includes two front and two front side airbags, and two side curtain airbags with coverage for the front and outboard rear seats. All five seating positions in the RDX have 3-point belts and head restraints. The front seats also have load-limiting tensioners.
- The front airbags are equipped with two-stage, multiple-threshold inflators. These airbags are capable of being inflated at different rates depending on crash severity, seat belt usage and/or other factors. Frontal airbags are designed to supplement the seat belts to help reduce the likelihood of head and upper body injuries in frontal crashes.
- Sensors in the front passenger seat determine if it is empty or if the passenger is too small for the passenger's front airbag to deploy safely, and disengage the front passenger's front airbag, if necessary.
- The Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) uses sensors in the front passenger seatback to determine the height and position of the passenger and will deactivate the side airbag if a child or small-statured adult leans into the side airbag deployment path.
- In a side impact, side curtain airbags deploy downward from just above the doorframes on the impacted side to help protect both front and outboard rear seat occupants.
- The seat belts include an automatic tensioning system that reacts in the first milliseconds of an impact to automatically tighten and help hold the individual in position against the seatback.
- To help prevent the automatic tensioning belt from causing undue pressure on the chest, load limiters slightly relieve belt tension, as needed, to help soften the force.
The RDX has several features addressing child safety, from sophisticated airbag sensors to anchors that secure child seats.
- The Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) utilizes sensors in the front passenger's seatback to detect if the occupant is a child or small-statured adult. If such an occupant is leaning into the side airbag's deployment path, the side airbag will be deactivated until they resume a safer, more upright position.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) anchors, plus upper-tether anchors in the rear seat, allow LATCH-compatible child seats to be installed in the outboard positions without the use of seat belts.
- All windows and the moonroof have an auto-reverse feature that are designed to prevent them from closing if a finger or other obstacle is encountered.
Body Structure Design
Acura utilizes Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure to enhance occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal crashes.
- The ACE™ design utilizes a network of connected structural elements to distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle.
- This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment and can help to more evenly disperse the forces transferred to the other vehicle in a crash.
Braking & Stability
The RDX disc brakes are backed up by several sophisticated electronic systems to provide you with enhanced braking under any circumstance.
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) helps you retain steering control in emergency braking by preventing the wheels from locking up, while allowing them to achieve their maximum level of stopping.
- The Electronic Brake Distribution system uses the ABS system to direct braking power among the four wheels, depending on their load, to help optimize braking effectiveness.
- The Brake Assist system detects emergency braking, monitors the speed at which the brake pedal is depressed and steps in to ensure the ABS system is activated-terminating immediately upon release of the brake pedal.
Vehicle Stability Assist
The Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®)12 system uses an array of sensors along with ABS to minimize the dangers of oversteer or understeer.
- The system continually monitors vehicle speed, throttle position, individual wheel speeds, steering angle, lateral G-force, and yaw rate.
- When the potential for oversteer or understeer is detected, VSA will reduce the engine's torque and use the ABS system to apply brakes to each wheel as needed to help stabilize the vehicle.
- The response is so quick that the instability may be corrected before the driver even knows it's occurring.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Since an under-inflated tire impedes handling and can be a safety hazard, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) uses pressure sensors mounted in each wheel that send readings to a central electronic control unit. The system then evaluates whether the pressure is in an acceptable range.
- If a reading is approximately 25% below the recommended level, the RDX will alert the driver through the instrument panel light and the Multi-Information Display (MID).
- On models with the Technology Package, the problem tire will be indicated, along with the individual pressure for all four tires. The pressure display can also be accessed anytime, using the MID controls on the steering wheel.
- As useful as TPMS is, it is still recommended that you manually check your tires on a regular basis.
Like every Acura model, the RDX comes equipped with a security system. In the event of a break-in, the following events will occur:
- The ignition will be disabled.
- The horn will sound.
- The lights will flash.
Acura RDX Specifications
Dimensions and Capacities
|Ground Clearance (unladen)
- 3717 lb (1686 kg)
- w/Tech Pkg.:
- 3732 lb (1693 kg)
- 3838 lb (1741 kg)
- AWD w/Tech Pkg.:
- 3852 lb (1747 kg)
|Weight Distribution (% front / rear)
- 60 / 40
- 59 / 41
|EPA Passenger Volume
|EPA Cargo Volume (SAE)
- Behind Second Row:
- 26.1 cu ft46
- Behind First Row:
- 61.3 cu ft46 (76.9 cu ft47)
- 38.7 in (983 mm)
- 38.1 in (969 mm)
- 42.0 in (1068 mm)
- 38.3 in (973 mm)
- 55.7 in (1415 mm)
- 53.8 in (1367 mm)
- 58.7 in (1490 mm)
- 57.2 in (1454 mm)
|Fuel Tank Capacity
- 16.0 U.S. gallons (60.5 liters)
|Maximum Seating Capacity
|Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net)
|Torque @ rpm (lb-ft) (SAE net)
- Drive-by-Wire™ throttle system
|EPA MPG Rating38 (city / highway/ combined)
- 20 / 28 / 23
- 19 / 27 / 22
- Premium unleaded 91 octane
|CARB Emissions Rating
- No scheduled tune-ups required for 100,000 +/- miles
- Front-wheel drive or AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters and Grade Logic Control
|Maximum Torque Distribution Range (front: rear)
|Gear Ratios (:1)
- 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut front / multi-link rear
|Front Stabilizer Bar
|Rear Stabilizer Bar
- Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
|Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb
|Front Disc Brakes
|Rear Disc Brakes
- 4-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- 18" x 7.5" aluminum-alloy
- P235/60 R18 102V high-performance all-season
- 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty
- 6-year/70,000-mile limited warranty
|Outer body rust-through16
- 5-year/unlimited-mile limited warranty
|Acura Genuine Accessories17
- 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty
|Acura Total Luxury Care® (TLC®) with Roadside Assistance18
- 15-year/150,000-mile limited warranty
||273 hp, 3.5-liter, i-VTEC®, V-6
|EPA MPG Rating38:
||RDX: 20 (city) / 28 (hwy)
||6-speed automatic transmission Sequential SportShift paddle shifters and Grade Logic Control
||Sport seats with perforated leather-trimmed interior, driver's 10-way power seat, front passenger's 4-way power seat
||Dual-zone automatic climate control system with air filtration, Multi-view rear camera, Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton ignition
||Acura Premium Sound System with 7 speakers, USB7 Audio Interface & iPod®8 integration, SiriusXM Satellite Radio4
||Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface
||Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
|Acura Navigation System10:
||AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather™13, Traffic Rerouting™13,Automated Appointments™
||Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium Audio System with hard disk drive (HDD) media storage and 10 speakers, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with Note function music reminder4, Song By Voice®
|Voice Recognition System:
||For navigation audio and climate control systems
||Remote-linked power-operated tailgate
||GPS-linked and solar-sensing10
||Auto-on/off xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights, fog lights
|EPA MPG Rating38:
||RDX AWD: 19 (city) / 27 (hwy)
|| All-wheel drive with Intelligent Control System™